The purpose of poly is to protect the plants from elements and allow growers to control the climate inside the greenhouse. GK’s polyethylene sheeting is a plastic film made from petroleum with UV inhibitors, fire retardants, and anti-static additives to help withstand outdoor elements for long periods of time. Polyethylene Film holds the heat in as it also diffuses light for even growth for your crops.
GK offers three types of Polyethylene Film:
- Tri-layer extrusion with strong EVA co-polymer resin for excellent outdoor durability
- 92% PAR light transmission per layer of film
- Anti-dust additive that resists dirt and dust buildup
- Ultraviolet light stabilized for long life outdoor exposure
- Bee-friendly film that transmits a portion of the light spectrum used in bee navigation
⦁ Infrared Heat Retention, Anti-Condensate & High Light Diffusion Benefits
⦁ Special IR additives absorb and re-radiate nighttime infrared heat back down to the crop saving up to 15% on nighttime heating costs
⦁ Bi-directional anti-condensate control means you never have to guess if the drip control side is facing the crop. Grower proven longest acting anti-condensate control reduces water droplet formation and sheets condensed water down the curvature of the film.
⦁ High light diffusion (525 of transmitted light per layer) means uniform plant growth and crop dry down times
⦁ PAR light transmission of 88% through a single layer of K50 IR-AC
⦁ Tri-layer extrusion with strong EVA copolymer resin for excellent durability
⦁ Ultraviolet light stabilized for long life outdoor exposure
⦁ Bee-friendly film: transmits a small portion of the ultraviolet light spectrum used in bee navigation
- Advanced technology allows higher light transmission (84% PAR) plus great daytime heat reduction – by 10 degrees in air temperature.
- Special IR additives absorb and re-radiate nighttime infrared heat back down to the crop, saving up to 15% on heating costs.
- Reduced water droplet formation – anti-condensate control
- High light diffusion (53% of transmitted light per layer) means more uniform plant growth
- Reduces need for shading while providing improved PAR light transmission
- Bee-friendly film, transmits a portion of the ultraviolet light spectrum used in bee navigation