Polypropylene (PP) is the preferred fabric choice for professional commercial growers. GK’s shade fabric is UV stabilized polypropylene and very light weight while providing maximum strength.
GK prefers to sell the higher quality polypropylene vs. polyethylene shade cloth because of the many advantages:
- Resists mildew, abrasion and insects
- Stronger and more resilient
- Will not become fibrous under weather stress
- Resistant to most acids, alkalis and solvents
- Resists tearing and puncturing and will not unravel
GK offers both Knitted Shade Cloth and Woven Shade Cloth in shade ranges of 30% to 80% black out. GK also offers custom fabric conversion and includes creating custom sizes, taping, grommets, slitting and customized special shapes. Some color fabrics available upon request.
Knitted Shade cloth:
Woven Shade cloth:
Woven shade fabric is perfect for protecting agricultural and horticultural plants, livestock or any other type of shade application. Professional and commercial growers have installed these products on structures of all kinds – including greenhouses, hoop houses, pens, and kennels.
- light weight while providing excellent strength
- UV protected to provide years of use – often more than 10 years
- Industry proven track record
- Dimensionally very stable – minimal stretch
- Resistant to most chemicals
- Master roll sizes reduce waste compared to smaller rolls
- 30% to 95% shade factors
- 6’, 10’, 12’, 15’ widths
- Black color